While traveling, there will be a stopover or transit at the UAE Airport, be it to any of the countries like the UK, U.S, African countries or EU countries. It can be a matter of a few hours or even more. However, if it is more than 8 hours, they will require a UAE transit visa.
Does everyone need a UAE transit visa?
If anyone needs to stay in the UAE for more than 8 hours, then they will require a transit visa as a part of the airport transit. The issuance of the visa can be of two type’s i.e. 48- hour and 96 -hour transit. If you are a businessman, then the transit visa will be ideal for you, as you will be staying here only for a few days. During the summer season, the dependents aged 18 years or below won't need to pay visa fees according to the UAE cabinet.
- For certain countries like the UK, U.S, Schengen countries, transit visa will be issued after their arrival.
- If you are a member of the GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council) then the visa is not required.
The documents required when applying for a transit visa are:-
- Passport copy (clearly scanned) of the bio page and last page with a validity of 6 months.
- Scanned colored passport size photo (white background with the face visibility of 80%)
- Accomplished application form (done by the travel agency)
- Visa fees
- Your hotel reservation and onward flight tickets will be collected if you are applying for a transit visa.
Visa Processing Time
The Transit visa processing time for Indians can vary from 3-4 working days according to the duration and passport type. If you have applied for an express visa, then your permit will arrive much faster. Also, your chances of receiving the visa will improve if you have submitted your documents like previous travel history to the UAE, UK, U.S.A, and Schengen countries during the past 5 years and an invitation letter from the resident living in the country.
Dubai 96 hour’s transit visa
For those passengers traveling through the UAE airport, 96 hours transit visa is issued. After receiving the entry into the UAE, it is valid for 96 hours and should leave the country within 96 hours from arrival. This will be valid for a period of 30 days.
At the immigration, you should present your visa copy and passport. Also, you need to submit your travel medical insurance in case of any emergencies and proof of your travel funds. You should also specify the intent of your travel and your accommodation arrangements.